The Herndon Foundation has one funding cycle per year.
- Deadline: August 1
The Foundation does not require a standard application form. Proposals should include:
- A brief description of the organization, including its mission and history.
- A concise description of the project, including specific purposes for which requested funds will be used, and how results of any grant’s effect will be measured.
- Contact information including agency name, contact person name and title, mailing address, phone number, email address and website address if applicable.
- A detailed financial plan for the project, including the total cost, the specific amount requested, the amount raised to date, an estimate of post-completion operating costs and how those costs will be funded.
- A copy of the organization’s current operating budget and its most recent financial statement.
- A copy of the organization’s IRS certification indicating that the organization is exempt under Section 501(c)(3).
- A list of the organization’s current governing board and its officers.
If your charitable organization serves the Greater Richmond area and has a portrait on giverichmond.org, reference to your portrait will suffice for the basic background information requested above.
Applications by email are acceptable and even preferred. Please email proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.